Planning Information

How the Planning System Works

Applicant applies to East Riding Of Yorkshire Council (ERYC) for planning permission if needed.
ERYC refers the application to the Parish Council and to some residents who maybe directly affected (such as residing next door) for comments.
The Parish Council does not take the final decision but can either approve or recommend refusal, taking into account views of residents who can attend Parish Council meetings to state their views. In many cases the Parish Council may well sympathise with your views but the final decision does not always follow their recommendations.
The application then goes back to ERYC (Western Planning Committee) for a decision, taking into account the Parish Council's and Resident's views who may be allowed to attend committee meetings.
An appeal against a ERYC decision can be made to the Planning Inspectorate at Bristol who will give a final decision. This can only be challenged in the High Court.
Contact: The Parish Clerk if you require any other information or assistance.

Current Planning Applications

To view Welton, Melton & Wauldby Planning Applications via the East Riding Planning Public Access Page select Welton Parish Council in the Parish box, select some date ranges in the Date Application Received or Date Application Validated boxes then click the Search button. From the list of applications displayed click on the Click to view button you require.

If you have the reference number (available from the Clerk  and published in Council Minutes) you can view a planning application via the East Riding Planning Public Access Page and enter the number in the Application Reference box then click the Search button.

Applications can also be viewed at ERYC Customer Service Centres in Anlaby & Hessle. Residents can contact or address the Parish Council or send comments direct to the appropriate Case Officer at Planning & Development Control, County Hall, Beverley, HU17 9BA. quoting the reference number. Whilst unable to express an opinion publicly, your East Riding of Yorkshire ward Councillors will also listen to applicants and objectors comments on planning applications. Contact Cllr Margaret Corless or Cllr Paul Hopton. 

To view current planning consultations please click on the links below: 

Header Image